“Friends of Rotary” is a no-cost programme where those who share the ideals and objectives of the Rotary Club of Orangeville can participate in our activities without the responsibility of full membership.
This is a perfect way for individuals whose schedules preclude regular attendance at our weekly dinner meetings to contribute to our community by participating in Rotary fundraisers and fellowship events.
Benefits to Friends of Rotary
- Participation in Rotary service projects that help the community where you live and/or do business,
- Opportunities to contribute to community agencies, parks facilities and other programmes for youth, and to international projects and efforts,
- Opportunities to volunteer to serve on the Committee for a Rotary project or event,
- An easy way to become involved in Rotary’s efforts to provide for our community,
- Friends of Rotary can be a stepping stone for those who wish to invest in our community but are not familiar with Rotary,
- A Friends of Rotary affiliation can lead to full time Rotary membership at the time of your choice.
Requirements of Friends of Rotary
- Volunteer at one of our annual community projects (Ribfest, Let’s Make Orangeville Shine, and other projects from time to time),
- Attend one or two of our regular meetings,
- Attend our annual Friends of Rotary Recognition Night,
- Offer ideas or suggestions for community projects the Orangeville Rotary might get involved with.
- Learn about and follow the Object of Rotary and live by the Four Way Test
Friends of Rotary are not members of Rotary International and do not vote, attend district conferences, serve as board members or serve as elected officials. However, those privileges are available to those who join Rotary International as full members of our club (annual dues and responsibilities apply).
If a “Friends of Rotary” membership sounds right for you, please complete the following application.
[contact-form-7 id="1155" title="Friends of Rotary Application"]